Sorry Folks !!

This Blog is no more updated ....
Maths can be best explored on your own just as I did .... rather than following a blog ....

Strange Property of Mobius Strip ( Trivia # 25 )

on Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My first post from IIT Kanpur ... I thought that after coming to IIT K my dream MATHHUB will come to an end .. but i was wrong .. Now I realize that it is just a begining .. The trivia which i am going to share with u today is something which i didn't knew ... Keshav (the senior dude whose lappy i am using to post this trivia) told me and after verifying it experimentally i was surprised ...
U can consider it as the continuation of my previous post of Mobius Strip ...
Draw a line in the middle of the mobius strip. Now cut along this line. Now the surprising part is that instead of getting two separate strips, the Möbius strip will become one long strip. This long strip has four half-twists in it.

Make a Mobius strip and try this out ... itz amazing .. !


MOBIUS STRIP ( 1 TURN )


DIVIDED FROM MIDDLE


GOT ANOTHER MOBIUS STRIP ( 4 TURNS )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting for ur comments :) .....